Happy New Year to our community !
We hope everyone had an excellent holiday week and excited to be kicking off the New Year. Here is the Year-end Review including updates from Portformer.
Major Announcement – #Fintwit Micro-Influencer & Community Analysis
We’re excited to share our first ever “#Fintwit Micro-Influencer & Community Analysis study which analyzed over 60 million tweets and grouped into 6 thought communities including Tickers, Crypto, Polticial, Advisors, FinTech, and $TSLA. The link to our blog post and the study is right here. Please join our dialogue on Twitter @Portformer where our community discussion is in well under way.
We are just 3 weeks away from attending the Inside ETFs Conference in Hollywood, FL for January 26-28, 2020 and the TD National LINC 2020 event in Orlando for January 29-31, 2020. We will be reaching out with more information and looking forward to seeing everyone.
For those interested in the Inside ETFs conference, we are happy to offer coupons for a 25% professional discount on the registration fee. Please contact us via our chatbox at Portformer, reply to this email or contact John DiBenedetto at 857.201.0196.
Our next weekly webinar for Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 2:00 pm ET / 1:00 pm CT. The topic for the webinar will be presenting our findings of the #Fintwit Micro-Influencer & Community Analysis. The study results will be of great help to the financial advisor engaging on social media for their business so this session with Sean is not to be missed !
Here is the link for the registration – Portformer Webinar
Here are the posts most read on Portformer.com:
- #FinTwit Micro-Influencer & Community Analysis
- The Impact of the SECURE Act and is it Time for an Advisor
- DFA responds to industry moves on management fees; reduces fees on 77 funds
Question of the Week:
What is the top priority for your business in 2020 ?
As always, please share with us via our chatbox at Portformer or reply to this email and the information will remain confidential.
What we’re Reading:
Here is a snapshot of the best articles compiled and read by our team:
- Built a Moat Around Your Clients ? Excellent article from a financial services marketing pro on how to protect your clients from the competition.
- Sequence of Returns Risk Revisited A white paper discussing the review of the sequence risks in return analysis when executing retirement planning scenarios.
- RIAs Were Asked to Rank Strategic Initiatives, Dead Last – Succession Planning Solid article on results from Schwab Annual Benchmarking Study that succession planning continues to lag as a priority for RIA owners.
- Could Retainer-Based Pricing be the New RIA Business Model ? Discussion of the growing popularity of a retained revenue model for RIAs.
- State Street CEO takes the long view on shareholder activism Interesting interview withe CEO on shareholder activism and whether index funds own too much of today’s markets.
- Vanguard Takes Commissions to Zero Vanguard responds to market pressures and follows, Schwab, TD and Fidelity to reduce their commissions to zero.
Sean Kruzel and the Portformer™ Team